25 Aug Updated: EDGE energy ratings
Recent testing of EDGE systems yields updated energy ratings documentation
The EDGE ranges continue to undergo dynamic development in response to the needs of Australian architects, builders and window system fabricators. New suites are regularly added to the thermal break, double glazed and single glazed ranges.
Continual development of new suites, means continual performance testing of the suites. The results of our most recent round to testing by an independent energy ratings company are now available.
The charts include of new and previously unrated products, as well as data for all the custom rated glass types completed over the period.
An independent accredited Energy Ratings company calculated the following energy ratings for our thermally broken, double glazed and singe glazed suites:
- Uw is the whole window U-value
- SHGCw is the whole window solar head gain coefficient
- Tvw is the whole window visible (light) transmittance
- Maximum air infiltration is 5.0L/s.m2 at a positive pressure different of 75 Pa, measured according to AS 2047
- Static performance (Uw SHGCw Tvw Tdw) calculated using Windows 6.3 and Term 6.3 software (LBNL)
- Ratings for use with Section J of the Building Code of Australia – Class 2-9