03 Feb EDGE’s smooth operator: bi-fold doors
Create projects with wider door panels and taller frames, while still maintaining smoothness of operation.
Bi-fold door systems deliver for Australian projects in so many ways. They effortlessly open internal space and provide a fluid connection to outside. They give the air and light Australians love and expand living space by opening up a home. EDGE Architectural has revolutionised bi-fold doors with new thermally broken, double glazed and single glazed bi-fold systems.
EDGE Architectural Bi-Fold fast facts:
- Suited for use with 100mm centre glaze framing
- Thermally broken U-MAX™ panels up to 2700mm high by 1000mm wide
- Double glazed MAX™ and single glazed GEN™ panels up to 3000mm high by 1000mm wide
- Maximum weight up to 90kg per panel
- Comprehensive range of configurations
- 50mm thick commercial door leaf to create additional strength
- Stainless steel roller and hinge assemblies
- MAX™ bifold door has pocket glazed double glazed stiles or beaded single and double glazed stiles
- Accepts 6mm to 10.38mm single glazed
- Accepts 24mm to 28mm double glaze
- Optional rebated, flat and recessed tracks
- Open IN or OUT
Contact us today to discuss what an EDGE bi-fold door can do for your next innovative project.
Keeping it local: Tomma Door Systems
Integral to the success of the EDGE fenestration offering is door hardware. EDGE sliding and bi-fold doors are fitted with high quality, high performance hardware from Tomma Door Systems by Mammoth. EDGE Architectural needed a hardware supplier who would listen to their customers and produced smooth operating, innovating and durable products. EDGE found this in Mammoth. It’s Tomma’s advanced roller technology that provides smooth, easy movement, and silent operation in EDGE Architectural’s new bi-fold range .
EDGE chose Tomma by Mammoth to give you:
- Tested hardware with real product warranties
- Strong rollers and tracks that will last for your customers
- Innovative Australian design and manufacturing
- Smooth and reliable operation
- Patented bi-fold hardware design
- Panel flexibility and increased size opportunities
Visit EdgePoint for EDGE assembly details with Tomma hardware
Meet your team: Rod Beel
EDGE Architectural would not be the revolutionary system it is today without Rod’s dedication to innovation. Rod’s aluminium journey began in 1971, when he was hired as a Sales Cadet at Trimview Windows. Rod then became their estimator, before joining the sales team. In 1981 Trimview was purchased by Alcan and in 1986, Rod was promoted to Victorian Sales Manager, and later Market Development Manager.
With the sale of Alcan to Capral, Rod assumed the role of National Product Manager and was responsible for the integration of the complete Capral/Comalco commercial and residential product ranges. In 1999, Rod was instrumental in the release of the Capral V6 database, this was the first commercial release of a database to customers in the world. In 2011, Rod was appointed Research and Development Manager at EDGE Architectural, and as they say, the rest is history.
When Rod’s not revolutionising the window and door industry, you can find him playing golf or occasionally enjoying a spot of fishing.